Northgate United Reformed Church, Darlington
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE FOR THE HIRE OF THE HALL, MEETING ROOM, KITCHEN AND or SANCTUARY
(One of booking)
1. The hire time will commence from the time the facility is required (including for setting up purposes) and continue until the premises are vacated in a clean and tidy condition.
2. To secure the booking you can either pay in advance online or payment can be made on the day of your booking by cash or card. The facilities should be left in a clean and tidy condition. In the event of any damage further costs may be incurred and invoiced to the hirer.
3. The hirer must sign the online booking agreement form prior to the hire commencing.
4. The hirer must leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition after use; All used crockery and cutlery must be washed and returned to their correct place. Any rubbish should be collected and taken away from the premises. The room should be vacuumed and any tables or chairs that have been used must be cleaned and returned to their original place.
5. You agree to ensure that everybody making use of the facilities complies with the conditions of use.
6. You agree to use and occupy the premises solely for the purpose specified, and at the time specified on the booking agreement form, so that nothing shall be done to injure the reputation of the premises or offend against any statute or any of the regulations of any local or Public Authority in any way.
7. You agree not to damage the premises or the fixtures and furniture therein and to indemnify Northgate United Reformed Church against the cost of all repairs made necessary by the activities of the applicant and/or organisation or their invitees.
8. You must ensure that while on our premises no one is harmed in any way either mentally or physically or in any way that could be deemed to be against Christian principles. You must undertake to follow the Safeguarding Policy of Northgate United Reformed Church – (available on the church website (nurc.info) – in relation to working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.)
9. You must ensure that high standards of hygiene are observed when dealing with food and using the kitchen. Full details are found in Food Hygiene (England) regulations 2006. To observe legislation and codes of practice made as issued from time to time in connection with the provision of food or beverages on the premises and to indemnify Northgate United Reformed Church Terms and Conditions of hire. Northgate United Reformed Church against any claim, which may arise from the non-observance of such legislation or codes of practice.
10. You agree not to allow any activity that could be considered at odds with Christian beliefs or traditions, or for any purpose which might be contrary to the Synod Policy of the United Reformed Church.
11. You should not use the premises for purposes other than those specified in this agreement, without first obtaining permission from the Church, and shall in any case ensure that none of the activities cause nuisance or offence to the Church or neighbouring properties.
12. The premises are to be used sensibly with thought to safe keeping of the fabric and contents of the building so as not to invalidate the insurance of Northgate United Reformed Church.
13. You shall not make excessive use of heating, lighting, water, electricity or other services or equipment without first obtaining permission from the Church, for which an additional charge may be made. If your use of the premises results in an increased insurance premium payable by the Church or any rates of other charges being levied by the local authority, we may require you to reimburse it for this extra expenditure.
14. You agree to indemnify Northgate United Reformed Church against any liability in respect of claims for damage or loss which may be suffered by any person by reason of or arising directly or indirectly out of the use of the premises for the purposes hereby authorised.
15. Smoking or vaping is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
16. Should the Hirer require alcohol for their event then the necessary licence must be obtained.
17. All persons coming onto the property of Northgate United Reformed Church and using its premises and facilities do so at their own risk and the Church will not be liable for any injury to any person or loss or damage to vehicles or property whilst on the premises. You are therefore advised to consider taking out your own insurance to cover such eventualities.
18. The hire charge does not include insurance cover when a bouncy castle or similar equipment is used. This is the hirer of the hall’s responsibility.
19. The hire does NOT normally include the use of electrical equipment belonging to the church (with the exception of the kettle and vacuum cleaner). However, use of audio visual equipment or other church equipment may be available on request.
20. Hirers using their own electrical equipment must ensure that it complies with all current regulations, as equipment not compliant with PAT regulations cannot be used, as this would invalidate the church’s insurance.
21. Northgate United Reformed Church reserves the right to cancel a booking if rooms are needed for Church activities or for other reasons. If this is necessary, this will be discussed with the hirer, and we will aim to give at least 24 hours’ notice. Any payment made in respect of a cancelled hiring will be refunded in full as soon as possible and in any case within one month.
22. The act of proceeding with the hiring will be evidence of acceptance of these terms and conditions even if the form is not signed.